Martyrdom of FC soldiers by Taliban sabotaged dialogue process: Ch Muhammad Barjees Tahir

February 21, 2014

 Federal Minister for Kashmir Affairs and Gilgit Baltistan Ch Barjees Tahir said on Friday that martyrdom of 23 soldiers of Frontier Constabulary (FC) by Taliban sabotaged dialogue process. Talking to the media after a meeting held here, he questioned how could dialogue continue after the killing of soldiers? He said the government was sincere about dialogue even with people who were involved in the killing of hundreds of Pakistani citizens. He said the PML-N government had never taken any decision against the welfare of the people.
To a question about a statement of the Indian army chief on Jammu and Kashmir, the minister said that it was just his stance and added that it was former Indian Prime Minister Jawahar Lal Nehru who first accepted the resolution of the United Nations about Jammu & Kashmir and then in a speech at the Red Fort, Dehli, he had promised to hold a plebescite there but after some years the Indians deviated from thier promise.
He said that India now claimed itself as a champion of democracy but instead of giving the right to vote to Kashmir people, it was declaring Jammu & Kashmir as its permanent part.
However, he said the constitution of Pakistan accepted Jammu & Kashmir as a disputed area which should be resolved through a plebescite according to resolutions of the UNO.
To a question, the minister said there was no comparison of the present government with the previous rulers as not a single charge or scandal of corruption had been made in the last seven months of the PMLN rule.     
Giving a briefing about the meeting, he said issues of AJK property in Lahore, Gujranwala, Sheikhupura, Rawalpindi and Jhelum were discussed in the meeting of the Ministry of AJK Affairs and a committee comprising Pervaiz Malik (MNA) Malik Habib Awan and Rana Tajamal Hussain was formed to review matters of the property, adding that the committee would present its findings within a month after listening to all stakeholders.
Barjees said that an amount of Rs 40 million was collected through the rent of the property which had been increased up to Rs 70 million and the amount would soon be raised up to Rs 10 million.
He said legal notices had been issued to illegal occupants of the property